Sunday, November 1, 2009

its over!!! D:

So my week is finally over. Minus one day that I didn't get to do, it was a pretty good one. It felt like a handful of activities spread over a few weeks but it was all one week. Anyway here's a few photos along the way.

San Diego!!

shiny toy guns


the sounds

the sounds


the sounds
Didn't get any good photos of the sounds :( first show with my new camera so i was trying to figure it out/enjoy the show. so these were the best i got :/
So San Diego was a blast. Ian and I drove down there, drove in circles in downtown SD for a while until we found parking (one way streets are a bitch) then we got out and walked around until we found the plaza. Which btw there apparently is still a Sam Goody in existance. Who'da thunk. After the plaza we and stood in line at the House of Blues until they let us in. First up was Foxy Shazam. Now I was expecting some electro band or something. Definitely not what I thought. Crazy rock and roll band. These guys were psychotic (guy ate a pack of cigerettes). But I liked them anyhow. Next up was the Shiny Toy Guns. They apparently got rid of the original girl and replaced her with someone else, and like they say nothing will ever be as good as the original. That and the head guy, don't know his name, just looked pissed off and seemed like he didn't want to be there, but I've been told he's just like that. And finally last but definitely not least, The Sounds. This was only my second time seeing them, but I thought they put on an amazing show. Rocked my socks off. And the new album sounds great live. Maja got the crowd going, flicked some cigerettes into the crowd, and danced her ass off. Can't wait to see them live again. After the show we met up with the friend we were staying with, he almost got a ticket, then we got a little turned around in downtown SD until we finally headed to his place to drop his friend off to get her car. Went to Denneys had a not so great after midnight snack and went back to his place, finally went to bed after about 4 am, then headed home the next morning. Good weekend.
Disneyland!!
tres mousketeers

worlds largest candy corn. we ate it all.
midnight serenade
off with her head!!!
So it was Arin and Ian's birthdays, we couldn't ask for a more dramatic trip to disneyland :P But the drama wasn't between them. That aside, and majority drama put behind us it was a fun trip to Disneyland. Our rather large group got devided from time to time, but bumped into each other after a while. Towards the end we all got a little delirious (anita, you're not a rhino)
L.A.!!

brick wall :P

elliot smith wall

ian reading/waiting at stories bookstore
anita has been saintified!!

I was fine until the security guy said we were next then I got nervous.
Oh L.A. how I enjoy thee so much. Tuesday was Tegan and Sara's cd release meet and greet thingy. You needed a golden wrist band in order to go in. There were only 500, and they were on presale about 5 days before Tuesday. Well tuesday morning we still didn't have one :/ So at 7:30 I picked up my buds and we headed towards L.A. keeping our fingers crossed (I made Anita call every 15 minutes until they answered their phone to see if they had any wristbands left) probably about halfway there they finally answered their phone and said they had some left. Talk about lucking out. Got to Stories bookstore/cafe got our golden wristbands (very Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, only 500 instead of 5 :P) then headed to Denneys again, I know I know wtf is up with Denneys? Nothing, it's just what us California kids do. After Denney's we went to Amoeba, where I bought Sainthood again, I got a free poster with it so I had to get it :P Then we headed back down Sunset, where we ran into the Elliot Smith wall (not literally,) Ian wanted a photo so we pulled over. Then it was back to Stories. Visited the thrift store next door, where I got the hat for my costume for Halloween. Eventually sat down and waited for the meet and greet to start. Went through the line and got the cd signed. Sara smiled at me, I freaked out and went to hide next to Tegan. Took photo, rode in traffic all the way home.
Halloween!!
nice hair dude
creepy ass mime
its a meee maaarioooo
Not much to say about halloween. Painted my hat for 2 hours, never try to make denim red, it's a bitch. Finally got ready, mom played with my hair, very 70's. Went and picked up my zombie and Ian. Went to the market to get dinner. Some guy in the meat section yelled out mario to me, I froze and didn't know what to reply so I just laughed and kept walking. Lot's of people stared at us, I don't know why but I was embarrassed, I think because it was my first trip out in public with my mustache :P Headed back to Ians. Made dinner, watched scary movies. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment